Exciting news in the FarOut Wilderness family – For those sunchasers, you can now pick up a FarOut Wilderness Overland Vehicle in Phoenix, Arizona and explore the warmer climate of the Southern states of the US during our winter season special.
Our first guests have booked onto our 2019 Arizona location offering Overland vehicle rentals in phoenix as of October 2019 and FarOut Wilderness will be offering 2x services throughout the winter.
Why is FarOut Wilderness in Arizona – Each winter in British columbia, we are going to feature a different area where you can chase the sun and pick up a FarOut Wilderness Vehicle and customized tour. For the 2019 winter season, explore the rugged desert wilderness of Arizona or wind your way between Vancouver and Phoenix and experience the ultimate west coast road trip.
For the short sun chaser:
Pick up your 4×4 overland vehicle rental in phoenix, arizona and spend 5 days exploring this gorgeous area.
- Tonto and coconino national forests: Home to huge expanses of red rock, cactus desert and vast pine forests.
- Sedona: A desert town near Flagstaff that’s surrounded by red-rock buttes, steep canyon walls and pine forests. It’s noted for its mild climate and vibrant arts community.
- Palatki Heritage Site: A site in a red sandstone canyon, home to ancient cliff dwellings with pictographs.
- Grand canyon: A must visit on anyone’s list- this mile deep geological wonder offers so much more than just ticking it off a bucket list, with hikes, mule rides and rafting.
- Las vegas: Why not throw the vehicle in a parking lot for the night and make a night on the strip, I don’t think we need to give you too much detail about what you can get up to in VEGASSS!!
- Death valley: If you do head over to Las Vegas, then continue on and see Death Valley National Park, this ecological wonder known for its Titus Canyon and Ghost town, also has Badwater Basin’s salt flats, North America’s lowest point and much more.
There is so much more to see and do – get in touch to let us book an adventure of a lifetime.
For the budding Overlander:
One way trips between Vancouver and Phoenix. Take 10-14 days and wind your way through Arizona, Los Angeles through San Francisco up through Oregon and Washington before finishing up the the stunning British Columbia to hand your vehicle back in Vancouver.
Collect your adventure vehicle from a FarOut Wilderness rep, load up on supplies and hit the road.
Drive to Joshua Tree National Park – with its signature ‘joshua trees’ this stunning park draws campers and hikers the world over.
(Approx 4Hrs driving)
Spend the morning hiking or simply relax before heading to Los Angeles – there are so many options for this city, so get in touch for some ideas and tips.
Explore everything this city has to offer whether you want to do the tourist movie star tour and see the Hollywood sign or explore some of LA’s history, this incredible city has something for everyone.
Time to leave LA behind and head north to Yosemite National park – an Iconic park that has huge redwoods, thrilling rapids and stunning hiking, I know right – what more could you ask for.
Drive further north and choose from either Plumas National Forest, Tahoe National Forest, Lassen National Forest or Eldorado
Head west to San Francisco.
Hit the road again towards Crater Lake National Park – this striking geological feature is america’s deepest lake and offers stretch your legs and cycle along the rim of this gorgeous lake.
Hit Mt Hood National Forest for a host of different outdoor recreational activities.
Come south around portland and cruise up the Hwy 101 to soak up the beauty of the Oregon coast. You have a choice of a number of different stops along the way.
Head towards Mt Rainier and stand up awe at this giant beauty, either overnight here or continue to Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest a 4 million acre wilderness.
Time to say goodbye to the US and head to Vancouver and hand your adventure rig back to a FarOut Wilderness rep.
For more detailed itinerary please contact our team.